Wednesday, September 19, 2007

#21. Audio eBooks (week 12)

I found it very frustrating that I could not use itunes with the site listed. I wish that there weren't all of these content battles. That being said, I like the idea of using audio ebooks. I have used audio ebooks before, more specifically I used a site called audible.com. I was assigned the book "The World is Flat" instead of buying the book, I opted to go the audio route. It was great, I downloaded the book, put it on itunes, and then put it on my ipod. I finished listening to the book in like two days, it was great. It allowed me to get some "reading" done on the bus, which was nice, because reading books in moving vehicles makes me nauseas.

I think that it would be amazing if the library started offering audio ebooks. Just think, you would never have the unfortunate experience of trying to check out a book, only to find that it's already checked out and won't be returned for 6 months. This wouldn't work so well with books that you need for research purposes, but would be excellent for pleasure reading books.

No comments: