Tuesday, September 18, 2007

#11. Folksonomies (week 7): LibraryThing

I have had a LibraryThing account for a few months now. I love the website, I like the way it allows you to keep tabs on your own book collection, and the recommendations page is very thorough. LibraryThing gives you so many suggestions that you will most likely be able to select a quality book based on the choices that they provide. One of the greatest parts about the site is how easy it is to use.

My other favorite part of this learning experience was seeing the practical application of tagging on the Danbury Public Library website. I think that adding the tagging system into CruzCat would be a great idea. It has the potential to be extremely helpful to people who are doing research in the library; and seeing how much UCSC values undergraduate research, I think that we should push to add this to Cruzcat.

Oh, check out my fancy new widget courtesy of LibraryThing!

No comments: