Wednesday, September 19, 2007

#15. Custom search engines (week 9): Rollyo and Google Custom Search

This was my first experience with custom search engines. I decided to make a search engine to help me follow my favorite sports team, The Ohio State Buckeyes. Since I live on the West Coast now I have trouble staying on top of the latest Buckeye football news. So I entered a few sites that I know have some good information, and I also expanded the search to include sites that I didn't list, the results were fantastic.

This is another piece of technology that makes student life much easier. The ability to filter internet search results that easily makes custom search engine very valuable to those doing research online. Had I know about these sites a couple of years ago, I would have had a much easier time researching paper topics.

No comments: