Wednesday, September 19, 2007

#19. YouTube (week 11)

I found that most of the interfaces for the video sites were pretty similar. Youtube is still my favorite, but that is mostly because I have used that one for the longest. One of my favorite things to use youtube for is music. Not only can you find original songs, but a lot of times there are instructional videos for learning to play songs too. I also looked up a few recipes.

Youtube could be used many different ways in the library. One of the articles I read for the 23 Things talked about librarians training the patron to use all of the services that the library offers in order to get the most out of their library experience. Well, we could make training videos and post them on youtube. This would allow patrons to train on their own time, and it would save the librarians loads of time, because they only have to do the training one time. I am mean we could even pair training videos with IMs so that if a patron has a question about the video it could be answered right away by a staff member.

No comments: